Veggie Millet Upma is a wholesome breakfast or dinner dish or even something that you can enjoy during Navratri fasting that is made with just a few ingredients. It is healthy and filling and you can serve it with any chutney of your choice!
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Koh! Powdered Ginger Root
- Handful of Koh! Dehydrated Tomato
- 1 tbsp Koh! Dehydrated Green Chilli
- 1/2 tsp Koh! Coriander Leaf Powder
- 1 tbsp Koh! Spinach Powder
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4 cup Dehydrated Carrot
- 1/4 cup green Capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 cup Foxtail Millet or any millet of choice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Wash millets of your choice and soak it in water for at least 15-30 minutes.
- Heat a pan, add some oil to it. Once hot, add in the mustard seeds, jeera and let them splutter
- Then add onion. Saute for a minute or two till the onion turns slightly brown.
- Add chopped capsicum, Koh! Powdered Ginger Root, Dehydrated Tomatoes, Carrots cubes, dehydrated green chilies and mix well. Deglaze the pan, i.e., scrape any food particle that is sticking to the pan.
- Then add spinach powder and let the mixture cook for 5 minutes.
- To this, add the soaked millets, salt, chilli powder and mix well.
- To finish it off, add Koh! Coriander Powder and mix well.
- Lastly, add coriander leaves, and lime juice and mix well. Your Millet Upma is ready to be enjoyed.
- Serve Millet Upma with coconut chutney and chai.