- 1 cup Chickpeas
- 2 tbsp of Koh! Beetroot Powder
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 6 or 7 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp jeera
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp reserved chickPea water
- Salt to taste taste
- Soak one cup of chickpeas overnight and boil them until they are soft. Drain the chickpeas and reserve the leftover water.
- Heat a pan, add sesame seeds to it, and roast them for around 10 seconds. Later, put them aside.
- Take a mixer grinder and add boiled chickpeas, roasted sesame seeds, garlic cloves, jeera, lemon juice, olive oil, reserved chickpea water, and salt as per your taste.
- Add Koh! beetroot leaf powder to it. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- While making the hummus mixture, add water until it has the required consistency.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Garnish with chickpeas and coriander leaves.
- Serve the hummus with vegetables, crackers, or pita bread. Enjoy!
Back to Recipes