Any event can be celebrated with the delicious Indian dessert - Carrot Sheera, which is made with fine semolina and carrots. The basic recipe for this dish calls for Sooji to be roasted in ghee and then boiled in milk or water with sugar to a creamy pudding-like consistency. This nutritious Carrot Sheera uses the basic traditional Sheera recipe with a healthy addition of carrots and is festive ready!
- ½ cup Koh! Carrots Cubes
- 10 Almonds (sliced)
- 10 Cashews
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tbsp Gram Flour/Besan
- 1 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup fine Sooji (Rava)
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 6 tbsp Ghee
- 2 cups Water
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- To a medium pan, add Sooji, gram flour, whole wheat flour, and ghee.
- In a bowl, soak the carrot cubes in lukewarm water for 20 minutes. Strain the water and the carrots are ready to use.
- Slowly roast the mixture of flours on low-medium heat for 8 - 10 minutes or until the flours turn light golden brown and aromatic. Take the roasted flours out and let it cool.
- In the same pan, roast the carrot cubes with remaining ghee for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Next, to the roasted carrots, add the roasted flours and water to the pan. Mix well and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar to the mix and stir well. Cook covered for another 5 minutes.
- Take the cooked Carrot Sheera of the heat and add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish with almond and cashews. Carrot Sheera can be served hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Back to Recipes